10–15 hours a week
Not geographically dependent
Circle of Health International (COHI) is an international humanitarian organization founded in 2004 with the mission to work with women and their communities in times of crisis and disaster to ensure access to quality reproductive, maternal, and newborn care. COHI has responded to 10 humanitarian emergencies and served over three million women, both domestically and internationally. COHI, to date, has worked alongside midwives and public health professionals in post-tsunami Sri Lanka, post-hurricane Louisiana, Tibet, Tanzania, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, tornado-affected Oklahoma, Sudan, Haiti, and Afghanistan. In 2013, COHI worked with human trafficking in Austin, Texas, contributed to a regional response to aid Syrian refugees in the Middle East, and sent eight clinicians to participate in the relief efforts in the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan. In 2014, COHI focused our efforts on aiding refugee children from Latin America crossing into the U.S., supporting work in Central Texas to care for survivors of human trafficking, and placing volunteer clinicians in the West Bank, the Philippines, and Haiti. We will continue our important work caring for moms and babies in Haiti, the Philippines, Nicaragua, the Middle East, along the U.S./Texas border, and globally with survivors of human trafficking in 2015.
Goals & Responsibilities
Develop, research, and maintain COHI Wikipedia page.
- Attention to detail
- Database entry and analytical experience
- Must be a selfstarter capable of working undirected
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of initiative and success
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of COHI’s beneficiaries.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of COHI's beneficiaries and mission preferably based on experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of COHI's beneficiaries
- Database experience
- Access to computer, internet, and mastery of shared Google Drive
Thank you for your interest.
Sera Bonds, MPH