Social Media and Communications Spring Internship/Practicum
June 1 – September 1, 2017
10 hours weekly
We are looking for a Social Media and Communications intern who can assist in enhancing our brand and building stronger community ties through our various social media platforms. This intern will be assisting in the development and administration of social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between donors and program allies and partners. The successful candidate will also be required to collect and review social media data to develop more effective campaigns along with be willing and excited to attend multiple sponsored events throughout the year. This person needs to love people because they will be doing a lot of community outreach to multiple local companies, media outlets, and organizations.
- To create a social media marketing strategy, content and implementation plan that better bonds our current community outreach programs to our business
- To deliver social media marketing campaigns for all sales events, promotions, and community events or announcements.
- Monitor online reputation and implement ways on improving it; Monitor the organization’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users
- To be responsible for all live engagement and social media activity (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Analyze the long-term needs of the organization's social media strategy and offer monthly reports that outline any necessary changes to the social plan
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve marketing goals
- Meet with businesses and non-profits to build more brand awareness; layout special savings programs and loyalty programs for these organizations
- Proactive and identify press opportunities
- Exceptional multitasking skills
- Able to explain complex social media data in a digestible way
- Knowledge of Facebook's advertising platform is required
- Must be able to work morning, afternoon or evening events depending on when they fall throughout the year. There will not be many of these, but they are a must to attend.
This position is without financial compensation.