Press and Media Relations Intern
January 2-June 1, 2017
10 hours weekly
- Creation of press and media materials, including press releases, blogs, media kits, etc.
- Engage in continual outreach and development of press relationships on local, state, national and international levels.
- Generate press stories for COHI programs and impacts to pitch to media.
- Work closely with Marketing and Social Media interns to maintain consistent messaging of public-facing COHI.
- Evaluate opportunities for additional partnerships, sponsorships and free advertising on an on-going basis.
- Preference for Communications, PR or Journalism majors.
- Ability to be in the office 3 days a week.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- The ability to cope with pressure.
- Creativity, imagination and initiative.
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs..
This position is without financial compensation. If the candidate performs strongly there is the potential for the position to become a paid one starting in June 2017.