- Creation of press and media materials, including press releases, newsletters, blogs, media kits, etc.
- Engage in continual outreach and development of press relationships on local, state, national and international levels
- Generate press stories for COHI programs and impacts to pitch to media
- Work closely with Marketing and Social Media interns to maintain consistent messaging of public-facing COHI
- Evaluate opportunities for additional partnerships, sponsorships and free advertising on an on-going basis.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Preference for Communications, PR or Journalism majors/professionals;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills;
- Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask;
- The ability to cope with pressure;
- Creativity, imagination and initiative;
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs.
If the candidate performs strongly there is the potential for the position to become a paid one starting in June 2018.