January 2-June 1, 2017
10 hours weekly
We are looking for a Corporate and Business Sponsorship (CBS) intern to develop and cultivate corporate and business relationships to help financially sustain Circle of Health International (COHI). This internship provides ample opportunities to strengthen business development skills while in line with COHI’s interests.
- Generate demographic and consumer data of COHI supporters using relevant technology and programs.
- Update existing Sponsorship pitch deck, and further develop COHI’s sponsorship pitch. Specifically, structure sponsorship offers for businesses in different categories: campaign sponsors, response sponsors, delegation sponsors, event sponsors and brand partners.
- Identify major industry alignments for COHI sponsorships and engage in sponsorship outreach.
- Conduct an audit of existing COHI networks to identify possible introductions to potential corporate sponsors.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locate or propose potential sponsorship deals through outreach; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential sponsorship deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Close new sponsorship deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements within COHI operations.
- Present sponsorship trends to COHI team, and weekly check-in on sponsorship development progress.
- Substantial knowledge of existing market research programs and corporate social responsibility trends.
- Preferably pursuing education in business or marketing, with an exhibited interest in business development and cultivation of business relationships.
- Ability to be on-site at least 3 days out of the week.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with Google Apps and Suite.
This position is without financial compensation. If the candidate performs strongly there is the potential for the position to become a paid one starting in June 2017.